‘In this beautiful book Brendan McManus shares with us the authentic story of his journey on the Camino. Through his experiences along the ancient route he comes to understand the process of his own transformation, as a modern-day pilgrim moving away from despair, searching for the restoration of his faith in hope and love.’
– Dr Jim Lucey, Dublin, psychiatrist and medical director of St Patrick’s University Hospital
- Article written immediately after Donal’s suicide: Surviving-Suicide-to-hell-and-back.pdf
- Brendan’s Novitiate Pilgrimage in Spain: Ignatian Pilgrimage- The Inner Journey
- William A. Barry, How to make good decisions: http://www.ignatianspirituality.com/making-good-decisions/discernment-of-spirits/how-do-i-know-im-experiencing-god.
- Anthony deMello Spirituality Center: www.demellospirituality.com
- What is ‘Ignatian Spirituality’?: http://www.ignatianspirituality.com
- Brian J. Lehane, ‘Attitude of Gratitude: The Examen Prayer of St. Ignatius’, Partners, www.jesuits-chgdet.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Partners_FA09.Sprituality.pdf.
- Review of the Day (Examen) prayer: www.ignatianspirituality.com/ignatian-prayer/the-examen
Other resources mentioned in the book:
- Emilio Estevez (Director), The Way Movie: www.theway-themovie.com
- Spanish association of the Friends of the Camino de Santiago: www.caminosantiago.org/cpperegrino/comun/inicio.asp
- Ignatian Camino (Ignatian Way, Loyola-Manresa): http://caminoignaciano.org/en
- Brian Grogan, Alone and on Foot: Ignatius of Loyola (Dublin: Veritas, 2008).
- Gerard W. Hughes, In Search of a Way: Two Journeys of Spiritual Discovery (London Darton, Longman and Todd, 1986).
- James Martin, The Jesuit Guide to (Almost) Everything (New York: HarperOne, 2010).
- Gerard O’Mahony, Finding the Still Point (Guilford: Eagle Publishing, 1992).
- Joyce Rupp, Walk in a Relaxed Manner: Life Lessons from the Camino (Maryknoll, NY: Orbis Books, 2005).
- Margaret Silf, Inner Compass: An Invitation to Ignatian Spirituality (Chicago, IL: Loyola Press, 1998).
- Joseph Tylenda, A Pilgrim’s Journey: The Autobiography of Ignatius of Loyola (Collegeville, MN: The Order of St. Benedict, 1991).
- Alison Wertheimer, A Special Scar: The Experiences of People Bereaved by Suicide (Hove: Brunner-Routledge, 2001, second edition).