“Redemption Road tells the story of a Jesuit walking the Camino and grappling with living his faith after the tragic death of his brother. His developing comprehension of the massive encompassing reality of God’s constant presence at all times and in all places, through the working out of his Jesuit spirituality in moments of immense joy and agonising pain, is faithfully told. It speaks with great integrity and honesty about the journey from desolation to peace. This is a journal of hope.”
– Baroness Nuala O’Loan, former Police Ombudsman for Northern Ireland
- Article written immediately after Donal’s suicide: Surviving-Suicide-to-hell-and-back.pdf
- Brendan’s Novitiate Pilgrimage in Spain: Ignatian Pilgrimage- The Inner Journey
- William A. Barry, How to make good decisions: http://www.ignatianspirituality.com/making-good-decisions/discernment-of-spirits/how-do-i-know-im-experiencing-god.
- Anthony deMello Spirituality Center: www.demellospirituality.com
- What is ‘Ignatian Spirituality’?: http://www.ignatianspirituality.com
- Brian J. Lehane, ‘Attitude of Gratitude: The Examen Prayer of St. Ignatius’, Partners, www.jesuits-chgdet.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Partners_FA09.Sprituality.pdf.
- Review of the Day (Examen) prayer: www.ignatianspirituality.com/ignatian-prayer/the-examen
Other resources mentioned in the book:
- Emilio Estevez (Director), The Way Movie: www.theway-themovie.com
- Spanish association of the Friends of the Camino de Santiago: www.caminosantiago.org/cpperegrino/comun/inicio.asp
- Ignatian Camino (Ignatian Way, Loyola-Manresa): http://caminoignaciano.org/en
- Brian Grogan, Alone and on Foot: Ignatius of Loyola (Dublin: Veritas, 2008).
- Gerard W. Hughes, In Search of a Way: Two Journeys of Spiritual Discovery (London Darton, Longman and Todd, 1986).
- James Martin, The Jesuit Guide to (Almost) Everything (New York: HarperOne, 2010).
- Gerard O’Mahony, Finding the Still Point (Guilford: Eagle Publishing, 1992).
- Joyce Rupp, Walk in a Relaxed Manner: Life Lessons from the Camino (Maryknoll, NY: Orbis Books, 2005).
- Margaret Silf, Inner Compass: An Invitation to Ignatian Spirituality (Chicago, IL: Loyola Press, 1998).
- Joseph Tylenda, A Pilgrim’s Journey: The Autobiography of Ignatius of Loyola (Collegeville, MN: The Order of St. Benedict, 1991).
- Alison Wertheimer, A Special Scar: The Experiences of People Bereaved by Suicide (Hove: Brunner-Routledge, 2001, second edition).