‘If you want to know what it is like to set out on a journey of bereavement, if you want to know how suicide affects a person, if you want to know what it feels like to find some healing, then this is the book for you. Brendan writes beautifully and evocatively about his brother Donal, and the lengths that he goes to (the end of the world) for him. I couldn’t recommend it highly enough.’
– CEO and founder of Console Suicide Charity
- Article written immediately after Donal’s suicide: Surviving-Suicide-to-hell-and-back.pdf
- Brendan’s Novitiate Pilgrimage in Spain: Ignatian Pilgrimage- The Inner Journey
- William A. Barry, How to make good decisions: http://www.ignatianspirituality.com/making-good-decisions/discernment-of-spirits/how-do-i-know-im-experiencing-god.
- Anthony deMello Spirituality Center: www.demellospirituality.com
- What is ‘Ignatian Spirituality’?: http://www.ignatianspirituality.com
- Brian J. Lehane, ‘Attitude of Gratitude: The Examen Prayer of St. Ignatius’, Partners, www.jesuits-chgdet.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Partners_FA09.Sprituality.pdf.
- Review of the Day (Examen) prayer: www.ignatianspirituality.com/ignatian-prayer/the-examen
Other resources mentioned in the book:
- Emilio Estevez (Director), The Way Movie: www.theway-themovie.com
- Spanish association of the Friends of the Camino de Santiago: www.caminosantiago.org/cpperegrino/comun/inicio.asp
- Ignatian Camino (Ignatian Way, Loyola-Manresa): http://caminoignaciano.org/en
- Brian Grogan, Alone and on Foot: Ignatius of Loyola (Dublin: Veritas, 2008).
- Gerard W. Hughes, In Search of a Way: Two Journeys of Spiritual Discovery (London Darton, Longman and Todd, 1986).
- James Martin, The Jesuit Guide to (Almost) Everything (New York: HarperOne, 2010).
- Gerard O’Mahony, Finding the Still Point (Guilford: Eagle Publishing, 1992).
- Joyce Rupp, Walk in a Relaxed Manner: Life Lessons from the Camino (Maryknoll, NY: Orbis Books, 2005).
- Margaret Silf, Inner Compass: An Invitation to Ignatian Spirituality (Chicago, IL: Loyola Press, 1998).
- Joseph Tylenda, A Pilgrim’s Journey: The Autobiography of Ignatius of Loyola (Collegeville, MN: The Order of St. Benedict, 1991).
- Alison Wertheimer, A Special Scar: The Experiences of People Bereaved by Suicide (Hove: Brunner-Routledge, 2001, second edition).