‘Brendan McManus has writt en a very vivid and absorbing account of his personal pilgrimage on the Camino de Compostela. Riveting and intense; this is no walk in the park, but an invitation to see Ignatian discernment in action and to accompany a grieving man going through great darkness to light. It is a great read.’
– Fr William A. Barry SJ, US spiritual director and author
- Article written immediately after Donal’s suicide: Surviving-Suicide-to-hell-and-back.pdf
- Brendan’s Novitiate Pilgrimage in Spain: Ignatian Pilgrimage- The Inner Journey
- William A. Barry, How to make good decisions: http://www.ignatianspirituality.com/making-good-decisions/discernment-of-spirits/how-do-i-know-im-experiencing-god.
- Anthony deMello Spirituality Center: www.demellospirituality.com
- What is ‘Ignatian Spirituality’?: http://www.ignatianspirituality.com
- Brian J. Lehane, ‘Attitude of Gratitude: The Examen Prayer of St. Ignatius’, Partners, www.jesuits-chgdet.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Partners_FA09.Sprituality.pdf.
- Review of the Day (Examen) prayer: www.ignatianspirituality.com/ignatian-prayer/the-examen
Other resources mentioned in the book:
- Emilio Estevez (Director), The Way Movie: www.theway-themovie.com
- Spanish association of the Friends of the Camino de Santiago: www.caminosantiago.org/cpperegrino/comun/inicio.asp
- Ignatian Camino (Ignatian Way, Loyola-Manresa): http://caminoignaciano.org/en
- Brian Grogan, Alone and on Foot: Ignatius of Loyola (Dublin: Veritas, 2008).
- Gerard W. Hughes, In Search of a Way: Two Journeys of Spiritual Discovery (London Darton, Longman and Todd, 1986).
- James Martin, The Jesuit Guide to (Almost) Everything (New York: HarperOne, 2010).
- Gerard O’Mahony, Finding the Still Point (Guilford: Eagle Publishing, 1992).
- Joyce Rupp, Walk in a Relaxed Manner: Life Lessons from the Camino (Maryknoll, NY: Orbis Books, 2005).
- Margaret Silf, Inner Compass: An Invitation to Ignatian Spirituality (Chicago, IL: Loyola Press, 1998).
- Joseph Tylenda, A Pilgrim’s Journey: The Autobiography of Ignatius of Loyola (Collegeville, MN: The Order of St. Benedict, 1991).
- Alison Wertheimer, A Special Scar: The Experiences of People Bereaved by Suicide (Hove: Brunner-Routledge, 2001, second edition).